Tuesday, February 26, 2008


Sounds like good advice.
I'm not sure whether we are in Winter or in Spring. Neither seems to be the plants. We have had lots of the early Spring flowers out already, including crocuses, daffodills and snowdrops. Unfortunately the very, very mild weather we have been getting at regular intervals since December is being regularly interrupted by very bitter frosts at times. The first blossoms on our pink camellia came out two weeks ago, much earlier than usual, only to be very badly frosted last week. Still I suppose I shouldn't complain too much, living in a part of England that has lots of sunshine and mild weather and absolutely none of the heavy gales and snow that Northern England and Scotland has (sort of) enjoyed. I understand that Scotland has actually had a skiing industry this year, so much snow has fallen (unlike last year when there was no snow at all).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a long, dry spell between postings, Adele. I love the sign!
Your weather sounds much like what we have been having; although, I suspect that your temperatures are a little higher than ours. Nothing has yet bloomed, around here. In fact, daffodils don't bloom if not planted--I have daffodil bulbs that I failed to get planted last fall.
Cop Car

Anonymous said...

I sent that sign on to my sister and she posted it on her refrigerator! *G*

I WISH we could say the same about the winter/spring controversy here. We are definitely mired in winter and will be for a bit longer. We expect snow off and on for a few more days at the very least. You are the second of my UK friends to mention the snowbells. In two months or so, when mine bloom, I'll send you a picture of them!

I hope you have a good weekend, with some pleasant weather. Nice to see you blogging again. I hope you're feeling better.

Buffy

Adele said...

Buffy.

Over the last few years there are always comment over here about the very mild winters we get now and how it is confusing the animal and plant life. Global Warming is the usual reason given. That's not to say that we don't get some bad weather, just normally nowadays it's just for a few days only and then the mild weather returns.

Thanks for your comments. It's good to be back and yes, I'm finally feeling a bit better.