Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pickle has gone. An X-ray and a scan earlier this week made it clear that she had a cancerous tumour and the cancer was quite quickly spreading through her body. I had a discussion with the vet this afternoon and made the decision. We are all sad at the moment, although we know it was the best thing for her.

I am keeping a close eye on Nimrod now. He came from the same litter as his sister and so I need to make sure that he manages this change in his life all right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad for you and Nimrod, to be missing the company of his sister. I'm so sorry.
Cop Car

Adele said...

Thanks CopCar. At the moment I've been sadder than Nimrod but I know from past experience with other cats that it can sometimes take a while for a cat to start mourning a lost companion so I am continuing to keep an eye on him.

KittyB said...

I'm so sorry that Pickle is gone. I've lost a beloved cat, and Ed is following in Pickle's paw prints, so I hope you don't mind if I say that I can empathize. I hope Nimmrod will be okay.

Adele said...

I'm sorry to hear about Ed. It's a sad thing when you can see how they are suffering and it leaves such a hole in your life when they ge.

Nimrod seems OK, although I am sure he realises he's alone now.