Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm Back

And Christmas is over for another year. Tomorrow is Twelfth Night and the Husband will be taking down all the decorations he so lovingly put up a few weeks ago.

We had a good time, all told. Quiet at times but with hectic times when the in-laws came to visit, both on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve until the next morning (unfortunately a trip we were planning to visit them was cancelled due to terrible weather).

After feeling dissassociated from life after the Christmas/New Year period (quite normal for me) I am now trying to find my routines and habits again. Give me a few days and I should be back to normal.

Still, if I am only moderate in my enthusiasm of the Season at least I did not have the terrible and tragic start to the New Year of my friend Buffy, who learnt in the early hours of New Years Day of the death of her Dear Husband's eldest son. Obviously I sent commiserations privately but would like to repeat here my deepest sympathies to her and her husband. I found it especially interesting to read her latest post on the subject (dated 3rd January) and especially how her Dear Husband discovered that his son had been doing wonderful things for charity without their knowledge. Surely that is the mark of a truly good person, to do good things without advertising the fact to one and all. He will clearly be greatly missed.

Let's hope that the New Year provides better times and experiences not just to Buffy and her Dear Husband but to us all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Val. Let's do hope that the rest of 2006 is kind to us all.
Cop Car

Adele said...

Fingers crossed!