Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Cupboard under the Sink

The other day we had to clear out a cupboard in the kitchen, after the Husband flooded it while trying to clear a blocked drain. It was the cupboard under the sink, where most of the cleaning materials are kept. It became abundantly clear that I have a habit of buying cleaning materials each week, even when we don't actually need them. It's just things I automatically add to the shopping list whenever I order groceries online and then when the weekly shop arrives from Tesco I just stuff the bottles into the cupboard. So when we cleared it out we found about a dozen bottles each of bleach, Flash ( a cleaning fluid), loo cleaner and washing-up liquid. There is only two of us at home and we are not that dirty. So I took the opportunity to sort out the cupboard, and to make a mental note not to buy any more until that little lot is used up.

Oh, there was the remains of a mouse nest in there too. I had suspected for some time that Nimrod the Mighty Hunter had been up to his usual tricks as both he and Pickle kept sniffing the cupboard as if they suspected that there was something lurking in there. But the nest had probably been unoccupied for a bit. So I suspect that Pickle has dealt with the unwanted visitor at some time.

No comments: