Sunday, September 30, 2007



Friday we had the first Red Hat dinner of this autumn. Ther hadn't been any dinners over the summer period as there wasn't enough members available on any one date to make an event practical. But Friday there was a dozen of us. I had difficulties taking a decent picture as I was on the outer side of a dog-legged table and I couldn't move eaily from where I was sitting. So I just aimed the camera to the other end of the table. Generally there was a lot of chatter and much laughter at the dinner. It may not be a good picture but it gives some impression of how much fun was being had.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a chuckle-provoking cartoon, in today's newspaper, that shows a woman in red hat seated at a table of men in red hats. She is being told that it isn't that sort of Red Hat Meeting. The men are cardinals, of course!
Cop Car

Adele said...

Grin. I'm seeing some of my Chapter of Red Hatters on Thursday evening as we are going to the local theatre for the evenng. I'll have to tell them that joke.

And it's good that the Red Hat Society is so well known that cartoons like that can be included in a newspaper knowing that everyone will understand it.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to miss this month's Red Hat luncheon! (pouting) I adore the silly, frivolous hats, and the incredible women who wear them.

It takes intestinal fortitude to put on a huge cartwheel covered with red feathers, and a fantastic sense of humor to enjoy it and go with the flow. The Red Hatters I know are the cream of the crop. I'm sure yours are the same.

I hope you had a great time with them!

Buffy

Adele said...

I did, a lovely time. I keep on meaning to buy lots of artificial flowers and feathers and go mad decorating a red hat. I shall have to bo shopping on eBay for all the bits and bobs.