Monday, December 17, 2007

The Christmas Decorations are up


It took the Husband later than usual this year to decide to put up the decorations, not surprising given what he has been through. But in the last few days he decided the time is right and called the Stepdaughter around the other evening to help put them all up.

I've taken pictures of some of the decorations but not of the chains. Luckily these are chains we've had for years because it's now difficult to find them in the shops. I can't imagine why as I always feel that they give a really Christmassy feel to a room.


And yes, that's a picture of us to the left of the clock, taken on our wedding day. 14 years ago now.

How time flies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wedding picture is lovely. I'm sure you were a beautiful bride, and that's a lovely momento.

I think all our decorating is done with the exception of one bow that needs to be added to the wreath at one of the carriage lights. I decided not to fret over the mailbox this year, and it's made the season much nicer!

Your tree is lovely. We're using a fake one this year, and while it's much easier to deal with, I miss the scent.

Does Nimrod, the Mighty Hunter, try to climb the tree? I had a friend who had a cat that would climb the trunk and stretch out on one of the branches. You could see the cat's eyes glowing through the branches!

Merry Christmas to you all, and the best in 2008!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know which of your American friends sent that wish....

Ed's Mom, Dear Husband's wife, and Elegante Mother's dutiful daughter!

Stay well, and enjoy the holidays!

Buffy

Adele said...

Buffy,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and yes, I had worked out who was writing (grin).

Yes, both cats used to try to climb it when they were kittens but since they grew up they seem both to have decided that climbing proper trees in the garden are more appropriate pursuits of cats. Thank goodness, there was one year we returned home to find the Christmas tree on the floor. I can guess why.

The chains have gone. The Husband was complaining that they got in the way whenever he did his exercises. Then came Thursday, when his waving arm dstroyed one of the chains. So he got rid of the lot. And we both think that it looks good.

Merry Christmas to you, Buffy and all your family from the Husband, Stepson, Stepdaughter and myself.