Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hmmm. I'm feeling a bit dubious at the moment. I've just back from an appointment with my doctor to monitor my blood pressure. Again. This time it was 150 over 85 which is a lot better than a few months ago when he first put me on BP pills. (Loathsome things - difficult to swallow as they disintegrate in the mouth.)

He said that as a last stand before doubling my BP medication I should use a home kit to monitor my BP every day - just in case visiting the surgery is making it go up. So I bought a kit from the chemists and am trying to learn how to use it. I'm not sure I've got it right though. Just now it said that I was 189 over 122. Either I'm not using it right or perhaps the mere effort of using it makes my BP go higher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the loathsome medication. Ugh!!

Consider that this "advice" is coming to you from an engineer--not a medical person: I would keep the BP device at my bedside and check the BP before ever arising of a morning. This gives the best chance for repeatable results.
CC

Adele said...

Hmmm, now that's an idea. Thanks.