Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Decision is Made

Since I wrote the last entry (below) I have been considering the situation of how to highlight the recipes that I've posted in this Blog. This consideration has been about the most I have been able to do as I have been felled by a virus thing that has been doing the rounds in this area. I suspect that I've got it as my immune system is still a little wonky due to the shingles (will it EVER go away?). So, I've been feeling more than a bit achy and weary and have been able to spend only short amounts of time at the computer. Once I made my decision I took short periods of time to set up another Blog called Moment after Moment - the Recipes. This is where I will be posting the recipes that were originally posted here.

I will still be posting recipes here first in the future because cooking is to me an integral part of life. Come to that eating is essential to us all and find it baffling that some people (and I'm speaking generically here and not pointing a finger at any specific person) do not find food and its preparation and cooking really interesting.

I could have accepted a friend's offer to allow me to post my recipes in their cooking Blog (thank you CopCar) but decided that I would prefer my own space, where I can take full responsibility for everything that goes on. Also, to repeat what I have said before in this Blog, there are significant differences between the UK and the US not only in the measurements and methods of cooking but also, to some extent in the actual make-up of the ingredients (i.e. the gluten conten of the flours used). To include in one Blog recipes from two such different countries (in terms of their recipes) would just confuse the innocent reader.

This current stage may not last forever. When I was having yet another burrow through the help pages provided by Blogger I found a page where Blogger members could vote for future changes to be made to Blogger's Blogs. The top one on the list was the addition of Categories to posts on Blogs. Needless to say I immediately voted for this enhancement.

Just to repeat my second Blog, specifically to act as a database of the recipes that originally appeared here, is called Moment after Moment - the Recipes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...(and I'm speaking generically here and not pointing a finger at any specific person)...."

Val--I do hope that your tongue was firmly in cheek when you wrote this disclaimer. I think that the shoe fits me!
Cop Car

Adele said...

Of course it was!

On the other hand if the cap (or shoe) fits....

Val

Anonymous said...

(grinning) It's fun to sit back and follow along!

Val, I hope the shingles will abate SOON! I have a good idea just how wretched you've felt, having watched Elegante Mother go through it.

I keep forgetting there are so many differences in the types of flours available to you. I have a catalog for specialized flours and baking goods. When I find that free moment, I'll have to sit down and browse through it.

I'll have to ask ~T~ to add your cooking blog to my blogroll. It will be fun to see what tempts you.
Buffy