Monday, September 05, 2005

Marinade Recipe for Lamb

When I got home from the Gardening Club on Friday evening the Husband told me that he had invited his parents, sister, brother-in-law and niece to a Barbeque the next day. Fine, no problem. So I did a quick Google for a recipe for a marinade for the lamb loin chops we decided to buy. Luckily I discovered a really good marinade recipe here for which I already had all the ingedients. It turned out to be a real success, as was the family gathering. A good time was had by all.

Here is the Marinade recipe:-

LAMB MARINADE

1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. rosemary
1 c. thinly sliced onions
10 bay leaves
1/4 c. chopped parsley
Beat together oils and lemon juice. Peel and smash the garlic and add to oil mixture along with other ingredients. Toss with 5 pounds cubed lamb or spread over a butterflied 7-9 pound leg of lamb. Marinate for at least 8 hours in refrigerator (overnight, too). Baste with the garlic marinade during grilling. Makes about 2 cups.

I managed to find a site online which told me how much olive oil, vegetable oil (I used sunflower) and lemon juice to use. Instead of the dried herbs I used fresh, straight out of the garden. The recipe is well worth doing again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me, Val, that you and Buffy take it as your sworn duty to make the rest of us (or, at least, me) salivate first thing in the morning. I'll need to remember to don a bib before opening your blog. The chops sound wonderful!
Cop Car
P.S. And it's great that you had such a good time in Chelmsford.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adele said...

CopCar, By posting recipes here I am achieving two things. Firstly I am letting other people know of recipes I use/have used - I am a great believer of spreading recipes widely.

Secondly it acts as a database for myself. In addition to my many, many recipe books I also collect lots of recipes, most of which are on loose pieces of paper. Then later I can't find what I want. (Somewhere I've got a recipe for a spiced scone round that I took out of a magazine. Can I find it. No.) So adding here recipes that I know are good and that I could need later to me makes sense.

Anonymous said...

We used to make fun of my mother for accumulating recipes clipped from newspapers and magazines--the vast majority of which she never tried. Guess who accummulates them now? *sigh*
Cop Car

Adele said...

Yes, I know. Me.