Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sorry I'm not around much at the moment and when I am I'm more than a bit distracted. Basically my mother, aged 85, is far from well and we can't see a happy end to the situation. I had to make an emergency dash yesterday to the big University Hospital in Cardiff to see her. Basically two of her vertibrae have fused together, another one is broken badly and the doctors don't know why or how it has happened. And the drugs she takes for her arthritus don't seem to be working properly either, something else the medical profession doesn't understand yet. So she isn't eating because of the pain she is in - not a good thing now she has diabetes. She's in hosptial for an indefinite period of time for tests, bone scans and more tests

Please think a special thought for my brother who lives in Cardiff and takes the brunt of the pressure of the situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that it is grueling for you and your brother during such a trying time. We'll all hope that, at the very least, they find a way to ease your mother's pain.
Cop Car

Anonymous said...

OW ow ow ow owwwwwwwwww...... Your poor mother! I hope she has marvelous doctors caring for her, and that they've been able to make her comfortable.

I also hope that she has good doctors for your sake, and for your brother's. I recall the relief I felt when I was able to entrust my mother to good doctors. There was still a great deal for me to do, but at least most of the health decisions were being made by those much more competent than I.

I know the travel to your Mom is difficult. Take care of yourself. We worry about you facing the difficulty and stress of the trip.

Buffy