Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pickle











I learnt something today. That it's not easy taking photos of cats. Pickle was sitting in a pool of sunlight in the sitting room, looking really relaxed. So I dug out my camera. However, as soon as I sat on the floor to take a picture she became intrigued and came over to find out what I was doing. So I ended up with a series of action shots which I hope give some idea of what she looks like.
Unfortunately I haven't any pictures of how interested she was with the Christmas tree we put up in the other corner of the room on Friday. Today the Stepdaughter and Stepson (now back from Cambridge for the Christmas holidays) are coming over to decorate the tree and the room. I hope to take pictures of that in due course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty kitty! I cannot get photos of our cats, either. Cats are much too curious to just sit and pose.
Cop Car

Anonymous said...

What beautiful color! I'm so glad you published pictures of Pickle!

When my parents lived in Missouri, they had several litters of cats that roamed around the outside of the house. A group of them were colored in the same colors as Pickle, but in blotches of color. We called them the "Ugly Buglies." They tended to make us laugh because of their coloring, but Pickle is gorgeous!

I tried for years to get good pictures of Defer, or Beagle/Shepherd. He was frightened of the flash, and learned to recognize cameras, so he would go into avoidance mode when we brought one out. You're lucky Pickle is inquisitive! *G*

Buffy

Adele said...

Pickle looks really sweet and cuddly in these pictures, doesn't she. What the pictures don't show is that she has a real personality and can be really bad-tempered at times. She does her best to rule the household, and her brother, with a rod of iron.

In fact the last time the cats went to the Vets for their annual injections the Husband told the Vet how grumpy she can be and was told that it is a genetic thing. Apparently all torties are grumpy just like she is.

She demands to be stroked and when eventually we stop she gives a quick bite. This does not enamour her to the Husband.