Thursday, November 15, 2007



Last Friday I posted a piece and a pattern for my Third Red Hat scarf. Well, I finished that scarf the day before my first cataract operation and when that was over I found myself at home with nothing to knit and with every published knitting pattern in such tiny print it was, for me, impossible to read at the time. But I could still remember the pattern of the scarf I had just finished so I bought a ball of green double knitting yarn (again I've last the ball band) and used the same pattern as before. I find the difference,using one colour rather than two,absolutely fascinating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your mother was in such great mind. Hunky Husband just returned from seeing his 75-year-old father and found him in fine fettle, too!

How lovely the scarf pattern looks--even better in the green than in the original colors. Smashing! Having seen this version, I'm apt to give it a go.
Cop Car

Adele said...

CopCar,

I'm glad to hear your father-in-law is going on so well.

I find it fascinating how different colours make knitting look so different. Good luck with your own knitting.