Friday, August 11, 2006

My Red Hats, Part 1

















Just over a week ago Buffy said here that she would like to see the Hats I now have to wear to Red Hat Society events. Well here they are. The picture at the top shows the hat I bought on eBay, after I exhumed an old Hotmail e-mail address and reRegistered. (The things I do for my interests!) The lower of the two pictures shows the hat I bought in Debenhams and wore to the gospel concert I went to the first week in July.

As you can see Nimrod decided to get involved in the action. I also took another picture of him with the second hat and I'll try to post that one too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BOTH OF YOUR HATS!!! It's so cool that you've become a Red Hat lady! You'll have to let me know what your chapter does, when they meet.

My summer hat is almost the same "material" as your smaller hat. It's very lightweight, has a brim that curls up on one side, and a self...erm...."flower," is the best discription.

I don't have a winter hat yet, but I plan to buy one in the next month or so, and I expect to look for something similar to your big brimmed hat.

I'm delighted to see Nimrod, and even more delighted to see pictures of you!

Buffy

Adele said...

I'm glad you liked my hats - like you I would have difficulty in describing them, especially the one that doesn't have the wide brim(?).

As yet I have been on only one activity with the RHS - they don't have a weekly/monthly get-together, they meet whenever something is going on, usually I understand about twice a month. There is something early in September but sods law has meant that that was one where I already was doing something so I had to bow out. But there is going to be the first of a series on Friday evening meals once a month later in September that I shall definitely be going on. I shall tell you more about the activities i.d.c.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it strange that your errant commenter left this posting alone while thoroughly trouncing Part II?
CC

Adele said...

Presumably because I did thetwo posts together and their programme of posts (aimed at getting viewers to whatever they were posting on their site) was aimed totally at the latest post published - or whatever you call posting on the web.