Monday, January 29, 2007

A busy time at the moment as I am preparing to change my ISP and Broadband service. The new one says that it will take them 15 days to get everything set up with my new service; my old ISP says that my account with them comes to an end as soon as the Migration Access Code transfers my account to the new company. I just hope that I don't have a gap in between but if I do disappear offline you will now understand why.

I have a Hotmail account that I use only for buying from eBay (my own ISP doesn't like the site and e-mails never travel between here and there or vice versa) and at the moment I am Forwarding to that account any e-mails I want to keep, just in case.

Hopefully moving to a new ISP will reduce, at least for a while, some of the spam I receive. I deleted 68 spam e-mails this morning alone. I know my Internet Security package is good at filtering them out but I still go through them before deleting them, as very occasionally something I want to keep ends up in the Spam folder.

I will let friends and family know my new email address as soon as I know it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! Now we shall know if we make the "A" list! Good luck with your new provider. You receive an amazing amount of spam.
Cop Car

Adele said...

Oh yes, CopCar. you will be on the "A" list to receive my new e-mail address. When I have it. As it is they give me a total of 5 possible e-mail addresses but the one they give me at the beginning is certainly not one I would want to use in the long term. So on or after 8th February, when the whole thing will be set up on the computer, I plant to set up a new e-mail address and let friends and family know what it is.

I hope there won't be a gap between the old and new ISPs, so I am just taking precautions at the moment.

Anonymous said...

No doubt, "taking precautions" is a wise move. Hope the transition goes smoothly for you. You've had enough computer challenges! CC

Anonymous said...

You're smart to restrict your eBay mail to an account other than your usual mail account. My stepson has suggested that to me, and I need to make the time to create a new account. Like you I get an inordinate amount of spam, most of it from Russian sex fiends who have just discovered computers! I don't know how they got my address, but it really ticks me off to have to clean out that mail box several times a day.

Good luck with your ISP change. I hope everything is going smoothly.

Buffy

Adele said...

Hmmm, it hadn't occurred to me to restrict my eBay correspondence to a different e-mail account to my normal account. I did it originally because my old ISP wouldn't accept mail from eBay. Something to think about. I am still experimenting with a possible e-mail account for myself and the Husband.