Thursday, January 25, 2007

Waiting for Breakfast




I found out something about using the camera today. There is a slight timelag between pressing the button and the camera actually takes a picture. Now the timelag is only about 1-2 seconds but it is enough to make taking pictures of a cat as active as Nimrod the Mighty Hunter very difficult. The moment he moved into an attrective position I would press the button but by the time the camera actually took the picture he had moved. I deleted about 8 pictures like that. Also the minute I sat on the floor he came to investigate and sat too close to get other than a distorted picture. I'm certainly learning things about taking pictures.

Anyway, the pictures are of Nimrod and his sister Pickle outside the kitchen and waiting for their breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm learning some of those same photography lessons. I'm so glad to see you say you've experienced that delay, because I wondered if I was doing something wrong.

I took eight shots of my granddaughter's quilt, so that I'd be able to choose the best, and delete the others. That's the best thing about digital cameras!

btw...Nimrod and Pickle are gorgeous!

Buffy