Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Thinking Meme

I pinched this from Buffy. The answers are mine though and I found thinking of some of the answers very difficult.

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be? The odd thing is that this is one that has really fallen by the wayside since I gave up work: READING. I read all through my childhood, adolescence and adulthood. Then I retired and suddenly I no longer seem to have much time to read the way that I have always done throughout my life. No longer do I have a 4 hour commute to and from work when I would read to pass the time (and spend an absolute fortune on books). Now I read only what I really, really want to and am willing to make time for.

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be? Goodness, this is a difficult one. What would I ban: Cruelty.....bigotry.........sports commentators.....Diana Ross's singing.......

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most. I've absolutely no idea. I always liked Popeye and I love spinach but I don't look anything like him .

4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be? Perhaps my wedding day. Or there were days wanding through the countryside in Summer that still stick in my mind and I think back on and they still make me happy. I can remember a day visiting the gardens at Cotehele - absolute magic!

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be? Leonardo Da Vinci - his questioning mind has always fascinated and inspired me.

6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back? A large pile of magazines and pamphlets on machine knitting. They were turned out in a clearout before I retired. Now I want to dig out my knitting machine and they would have been so useful now. Aargh!

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world? I haven't had one. When I was working I used to think to myself that what I did made a contribution to my employer but thinking back I know I was wrong. Now I have no contribution to make to the world.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about? Ah, weirdo alert ahead....... I used to be a Spiritualist medium who used to give clairvoyant readings to people. Then I married, moved to a new area of the country and the whole thing came to an end as life got very busy. Also I am a fully registered (and insured) Spiritual Healer.

9. What is your most cherished possession? I have a large crystal pendant in a silver Edwardian setting that I always wear when doing the activities in the answer to 8 above. I also wear it on occasions that are very important to me or if I feel I need extra protection.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up? A difficult question for me. I'm not sure.

11. What one word describes you better than any other? Kind, I hope. I asked the Husband and he said he didn't know. Then he said Adolescent (Adele- escent)

No comments: