Sunday, April 15, 2007



Laying in bed this morning I suddenly remembered that I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. Good job I remembered as at the moment I'm not taking any photos and neither am I on the computer much. Instead I'm taking advantage of the very warm and dry weather to get the garden sorted out, or at least parts of it. My garden is South facing and the soil is clay and the more I can do before the soil bakes hard for the summer the better.

Today it is forecast to be hot, dry and sunny. The forecasters say that the weather will be 10 degrees warmer than usual for this time of the year. So much for the nay-sayers who refuse to believe in global warming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very Arthurian scene. Great photo! Good luck in getting a lot done in your garden.
Cop Car

Anonymous said...

It just amazes me that there are still people out there who refuse to believe that we are changing the world's climate!

As for OUR gardening problems, do you mulch your gardens? It sounds like we both need to water down our hardpan and then cover it with four inches or so of mulch, to hold that water in. There's nothing worse than trying to break through that baked soil in July and August.

I love the pictures you're posting. Keep up the good work!
Buffy

Adele said...

Buffy,

Up to now I've never mulched any of my flower beds but hope to do so in future. I have started composting for the first time and am looking forward to a time when I will have enough to mulch my flower beds.