Wednesday, April 25, 2007



The Lily-in-the-Valley is out. It takes a while to get the clump properly established but it's worth it at this time of year. However, now I'm finding that they are beginning to encroach into a neighbouring patch of Crocosmia "Spitfire" and now I'm not sure whether to separate them or to see if they can both thrive in peaceful co-existence.

I've also learnt today not to take pictures of white flowers in bright sunshine. The first lot I look didn't really come out properly as the white bells of the L-o-t-V just shone too much. But after lunch it became cloudy and so I took some more pictures and this time they worked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Adele, I do so enjoy lily-of-the-valley plants. For our first wedding, I had a far-out-of-season lily-of-the-valley corsage. (For our second, Chuck surprised me with a corsage of lovely, pink, tiny rose buds.) I have planted many of the lilies, here, but none have survived to bloom--so far. Maybe this year. I see foliage peeping above ground.
Cop Car

Adele said...

CopCar, I know that my mother nursed hers for years before she got a really good show. Mine still look lovely but I have to admit that I am wondering how to stop them wandering everywhere.