Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Crocheted Stole for my Mother

I have just finished crocheting a stole for my mother. Mum asked for something to keep her arms warm but not a bedjacket or something without a back the stole pattern seemed to me to be the best bet.

The actual crochet pattern I used was as follows:-
Make a chain the width of the stole (multiple of 3 sts).
ROW 1 - 1 treble onto 4th chain from hook, 1 dc into next ch, * skip 1 ch,
2 tr into next ch, dc into next ch, repeat from * to end;
ROW 2 - 1 tr into first dc, skip next tr, dc into next tr, * 2 tr into next
dc, skip next tr, dc into next tr, repeat from * to end
Repeat Row 2 until work in the desired length.
(N.B. English crocheting terms used)

To make the stole I used a 4 ply yarn in a blue/green colour and a 5 mm hook. I made it 17 ins wide and a total of 70 ins long by crocheting 35 ins long, fastening off and then attaching the yarn to the chain at the beginning of the work and crocheting 35 ins in the other direction.

I have made several stoles for myself and friends in the past, all in coloured 4 ply yarn, and they always look very pretty.

No comments: