Wednesday, May 04, 2005

No More Politics, Please

Thank goodness all the kerfuffle from all the political parties is almost over. We've had four weeks of absolute boredom, when all the news is about the General Election and vitually nothing else (is nothing else going on across the world?). I wouldn't mind but I haven't even had the fun of arguing with a canvassing politician, we haven't even seen one in the flesh around here because I do not live in a marginal constituency. As far as I can tell people in the marginals have faced a constant barrage of politicians trying to pursuade them how to vote, and media types asking them if they have made up their minds yet how to vote. I feel deep sympathy for the poor souls. Never mind, after tomorrow they will be in peace again until the next time around.

It's an odd thing butI like reading books about vampires and have several by different authors. I also like watching films and tv programmes about them too (like, say, BtVS where I am a great fan of Spike). Why then does the mere sight or mention of Michael Howard creep me out. Never did Anne Widdicomb say anything truer than her comment that "he has something of the night about him".

Tony Balir always reminds me of a used car salesman, with that smile. How can anyone follow him after the war. 'Nuff said

Charles Kennedy looks a sweety and, of course, he has the "Ahhh" factor of the brand new baby. But some of his policies really make me wince. Also is there anyone else in the Lib Dems?

We all vote tomorrow. I've decided who shall have my vote.

No comments: